Saturday, September 5, 2009

recommended for you

Amazon inspired this blog. Side by side on their list of recommendations for me have appeared such titles as "Goodnight Moon", "Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics", "The Climax of the Covenant", and "If I Ran the Zoo". Somehow they have managed to capture the two sides of my life - motherhood and biblical studies - and hold them together on one page without tension or need for explanation. I know it's just a computer program that has figured me out. Even so, I can't help but feel as if I'm 'known' and accepted for being just who I am. :)

Some days I spend more time with Dr. Suess than I do Richard Bauckham or N.T. Wright. Other days the reverse is true. At times I wonder how to balance both worlds and stay sane. But the norm is feeling incredibly blessed to be able to do both things I love at the same time. Yes, my hands are full, but so is my heart. And here in this blog my two worlds intersect, interact, and (hopefully) enrich each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment