Thursday, November 25, 2010

profoundly grateful

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of them all. Not because of the event it commemorates, but because it's the least commercialized and the one most conducive to reflecting on God's goodness to us. Every year we sit together as a family and read Deuteronomy 8 and Psalm 100. Then we make a list of all the things for which we are thankful. It's always easy to fill a page. This year as the candlelight flickered, I wrote these blessings at the top of my list:
  • three precious children who are learning so quickly and growing up so nicely
  • a whole team of professors, mentors, parents, and friends who have encouraged me on my journey
  • a wonderful husband who has given me wings to fly and supported me all the way
I never imagined that I would have the blessing of being a mom and a student at the same time.  It's been such a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment