Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dr. John Walton: the gospel according to Genesis

Wheaton College Graduate School is in the midst of a 5-week chapel series entitled, "The Gospel according to Moses." The first three installments of the series have been outstanding, and I wanted to share them with you here (let's hope the next two are equally captivating!). I'll introduce one message each week on my blog so you can experience it for yourself. When you see the lineup you'll be able to figure out why I'm especially keyed in to this series.

Dr. John Walton - Genesis
Dr. Philip Ryken - Exodus
Clayton Keenon - Leviticus
Carmen Imes - Numbers
Dr. Daniel Block - Deuteronomy

Each speaker has been charged with the task of showing how the gospel is evident in that book. I can hardly wait to share what I've been seeing in Numbers. What a book!

Dr. John Walton spoke to us about the "Gospel according to Genesis." You can watch his message by clicking here and you can read about what I've learned in his classes by clicking here. (Note: for some reason I was unable to get the video to work using Chrome, but it worked in Firefox. If it doesn't work for you, try another browser and cut and paste the link.)

His retelling of Genesis and Exodus is masterful. Especially take note of his interpretation of the Tower of Babel incident.

His big idea is this: God's intention has always been to establish his presence among his people. 
Now that's good news!


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm always looking for resources for my Biblical Perspectives class so that the students don't have to spend 4 hours at a time just listening to me lecture. I love John Walton on Genesis already, so this is perfect. Now I just have to decide if I want to use this the first night or the last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Laura! Glad you can use it in your class!
    I'll be posting another video each Sunday for the next 5 weeks, but if you can't wait, all the videos are available on the WETN website (except for Dr. Block, since he's speaking tomorrow). :)
    Blessings,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete