Thursday, February 3, 2011

happy is the woman...

...who wants what she has.

A friend from my dorm section in college wrote that out in big letters and stuck it to her wall one year. Somehow it stuck with me, too. It's true, isn't it?  We can spend our energy wishing for what we don't have, or we can find joy in what God has already given us.

I went to Target the other day for a new pair of jeans.  I had been wanting to go for weeks, but couldn't find the time. My favorite jeans are getting worn out.  The knees are fading, certain other parts are getting rather threadbare.  You wanna hear something funny?  I couldn't find a single new pair of jeans to fit that did not look worse than my old ones.  After trying on about 5 pair I slipped back into my old jeans with a sign of relief.  Not only were they comfortable, but they fit just right, they looked newer than anything off the rack, and they didn't cost me a dime!  The gal working in the dressing room told me that "old" jeans are in style.  I told her I'd keep my old ones then and keep wearing them until they were in style, too.

Happy is the woman who wants what she has.  (Even jeans!)

There will always be something to complain about.
(If you don't believe me check your friends' status updates on Facebook).
But there is always something to be thankful for. Always.

And those who practice finding out what it is are truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment