Saturday, May 14, 2011

aspirations

In Emma's words (she's 5):

I know that college is important because ... "I will lrn mor wrds! And go to Grmeny! And go to my hous! And I will de a otur (author) and illastrater! I will write all dooks!"

A classmate of Emma's moved to Germany just before Christmas, and she figures that would be a good place to go hang out and write books.  For those of you who are a long way from Kindergarten, this is quite an impressive life plan.  I love it that Emma has big dreams.  She plans to have a library with all of the books she writes and she will sell them to me and Eliana (we're picky book buyers, but she'll write books that fit our taste).  She'll need to write plenty to keep up with the readers in this family.  She's taken Accelerated Reader comprehension quizzes for more than 150 books already this year in Kindergarten, earning more points than most 5th graders.  Eliana will hit 400 points before the end of the school year (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is less than 6 points ... so you do the math!).  As you can imagine, it's hard to keep enough quality literature on hand ...

Good thing we'll be living across the street from the public library in Wheaton!

No comments:

Post a Comment