Tuesday, March 6, 2012

spring break

Everywhere I look green leaves are pushing their way out of dark, winter earth, stretching their sturdy stems towards sunlight. Flashes of color remind us that cold is not forever!

Wheaton is on spring break, and I am happily holed up in the library as usual, trying to crank out a few projects during the lull when classes are not in session. Dr. Block is in Asia for two weeks teaching, and he asked me to teach two 2-hr lectures for him while he's away. I've had a wonderful time preparing to teach on Ezekiel 28. My power point is almost ready, and last night I had my first "teaching" dream. Class time was over and we hadn't even begun my 78-slide presentation! {sigh} These dreams are typical for me while I'm teaching, so I guess I'd better get used to it. It could be worse: I could be having waitressing dreams!

Other spring break projects include:
  • Chipping away at my Comprehensive Reading List (Hirsch, Validity in Interpretation)
  • Writing an Essay on Hermeneutics
  • Writing a paper on 'Seals and Signet Rings' in the ancient world
  • Reading for class next week
The kids don't have spring break until the end of the month, so I'll take some time off then. For now, I'd better make hay while the sun shines!

No comments:

Post a Comment