Tuesday, September 7, 2010

ready or not ... !

I'm not sure where I got the idea that summer vaction is 3 months long.  Well, it's not.  It's barely 2 1/2 months.  And it's ... officially ... over.  Time has a way of marching on whether we're ready or not.

Easton started preschool today (gulp!).  He's in a class for 2-year-olds at our church.  That means he's in for a really good time, and I am, too!  (You can find me in the library. :))

Emma LOVES Kindergarten.  She's making friends and learning songs and teaching us all the rules.

Eliana started 4th grade.  The crazy thing is that I remember 4th grade well, and it doesn't seem like it was so long ago.  I remember where I sat in Ms. Kallemyn's classroom, and who was beside me.  I remember reading a novel about a tsunami in Japan and writing a report on tsunamis.  And I remember Ms. Kallemyn telling me that I couldn't read the Bible during free reading time because I needed to read more ... um ... broadly.  (I was incensed.  It was a Christian school, after all, and my teacher was telling me not to read the Bible!) 

I guess you could say I'm a person of limited interest.  After 12 years in a Christian school, I headed off to Bible College and just couldn't get enough.  As soon as it was feasible, I started taking seminary classes.  Now graduation is just around the corner (only 2 courses + my thesis left!), and I spent Easton's preschool hours filling out an application for a PhD program.  Yep.  You read that right.

This is not a new idea.  We've been talking and praying about it for years, and for the past 15 months we've been actively researching our options.  (Remember when I took the GRE in January? And studied German?  And started attending theological conferences?  This is why!)  Our sense of calling to walk this road has only grown with time.  And now you're in on it, too.  So ready or not ... here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment