- Three Faculty positions in Bible and one in Theology are close to being filled. A dear friend of ours is one of the finalists. We're hopeful!
- Seventeen applicants to the PhD program have been invited to come for campus interviews. (In case you're curious, like I was, three of them are women).
- Those of us in our first year have written a draft of our dissertation proposals and are getting ready to defend them.
- Three doctoral students are scheduled to defend their dissertations this semester.
- The annual missions conference is next week for undergraduate students. I'll be speaking in a breakout session on 'Spiritual Formation for Missionaries: Lessons Learned from the Field.'
- In March a special conference on Evolution and the Bible will be held on campus.
- In April the Wheaton Theology Conference will take place. This year's focus is Bonhoeffer.
- The campus is undergoing a complete overhaul of vision and major strategic planning that will affect both facilities and programs for years to come.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
life at Wheaton
This is an exciting time of year at Wheaton.
Dr. Carmen Imes is the Associate Professor of Old Testament at Prairie College in Three Hills, Alberta, and serves the broader church through teaching, speaking, and writing. She earned a PhD in Biblical Theology (Old Testament) from Wheaton College under Dr. Daniel Block, an MA in Biblical Studies from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (Charlotte), and a BA in Bible and Theology from Multnomah University. She and her husband, Danny, served as missionaries with SIM 15 years. They have three children: Ana, Emma, and Easton.