Thursday, January 18, 2018

A Professor's Prayer

Have I mentioned that I have the #bestjobintheworld?

Last week the campus lay dormant, mounds of snow lining empty sidewalks. Quiet buildings stood ready, expectant. So did my heart. This week all is abuzz as students return from break and embrace in happy reunions. Classes begin with characteristic rigor. Last semester I was new here and my head swirled with names and syllabi and schedules and handbooks. This semester I welcome familiar faces with a settled heart. The inner calm permits more deliberate reflection on my role as professor and my investment in this community. Perhaps my prayer for this new term may become your prayer as well.

You can read my prayer over at InterVarsity's Blog, The Well.

2 comments:

  1. Carmen, it might just be my browser but I could not get the link for The Well to open up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, found it here! http://thewell.intervarsity.org/spiritual-formation/professor-s-prayer

    ReplyDelete