As we traveled this summer and spent time with family and friends, I was struck by how many times the conversation turned to the Bible and theology. Now that I've identified myself as a Bible scholar people take the opportunity to ask questions that have been bugging them. These questions do not necessarily relate to my dissertation topic (though sometimes they do!). People want to know ...
- How can I square Genesis 1-2 with science?
- Why does God tell the Jews to slaughter the Canaanites?
- How can I accept the Bible when it teaches against homosexuality?
- Does it matter whether Adam and Eve really existed?
- Does God still heal today?
- How can I discern God's will for me?